February 25, 2009

A swimming pool in the basement?

Yesterday morning I woke up to find a swimming pool in the basement. I've always thought having a pool would be fun, but I'll stick to the kids' blow up pool OUTSIDE! Luckily I have a husband that deals with this kind of stuff for a living! After sucking up enough water to at least get stuff out of the basement we made a haul to the dump. While out and about we went to lunch , because you have to eat even if you house is flooding. So we get back home and the boss calls to tell him they need him asap. They have been bombarded with floods. So off he goes to take care of other peoples houses. BUT, I have the best family in the world!!!! I made a couple phone calls and immediately I had people at my house willing to help. We got everything out that needed to be out before Jason even got home. My in-laws were at my house until late helping suck out water and keeping the kids entertained. I was looking on the bright side of things and thought this is a good thing!!?? Now that my basement is empty and everything is in my parents shop, I'm going to go through it and have a garage sale. To refer back to a post about a month ago, stuff was overtaking my life and I just couldn't handle it. Every time I went downstairs it made me sick to see what I had ahead of me. I bought some storage stuff to organize, so what doesn't fit is going down the road. I love how the basement is empty and open. I might not let any of it come back! But anyways, we were lucky that nothing was ruined. All of my storage was stored in plastic bins so they were safe. The office/scrapbooking room had just been reorganized and cleaned. That was the room that the window well was full and the water was just pouring in. But thank goodness back in the day people couldn't lay a level concrete floor and all my pictures were DRY! I would have been so bitter if my pictures had been ruined that you might not hear from me for a while. Can you say Blackfoot South! But everything is going good, and everything is drying out great. Next time you come to my house you might not recognize it! There's always wishful thinking. Everyone have a good day and stay dry!

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

I'm glad the flooding didn't ruin anything, especially the photos. I don't think I could visit you at Blackfoot South! I hope your week goes better from here on out.

Bobi said...

Yuck!!! I am gpoing to use this as a warning to get my basement cleaned and oganized. I would lose everything right now. Glad you were able to save everything.